Care1st Drug Formulary
- Care1st Health Plan Arizona Comprehensive Machine Readable File (10.01.20)
- Care1st Health Plan Arizona Comprehensive Searchable PDL Tool with UM Criteria
- Care1st Health Plan Arizona Comprehensive PDL (10.01.20) (PDF)
- Care1st Health Plan Arizona Dual Eligible Over-the-Counter (OTC) Drug List (PDF)
- AHCCCS Drug List (Effective October 1, 2020) (PDF)
- Care1st Health Plan Arizona Comprehensive PDL Member Notice of Change Updates
- Summary of AHCCCS P&T Formulary changes
- 2020 Diabetic Supply Information (PDF)
- 2021 Diabetic Supply Information(PDF)
A formulary or Preferred Drug List (PDL) is a list of all the drugs that are covered for a specific insurance plan. The drugs on the formulary are selected to provide our members with appropriate, evidence-based and cost effective therapy. The drugs on formulary are selected and reviewed by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee which consists of independent physicians and pharmacists. Drugs listed on the formulary are covered provided you meet any limits to coverage or additional requirements and the prescription is filled at a network pharmacy. You may be responsible for medication copayments.
Not all drugs are included on the plan formulary. If the drug is not on the PDL, ask your provider for a similar drug that is on the formulary OR ask your provider to submit a prior authorization to ask Care1st to cover the medication. Your provider will know how to do this
- Enter the name of the medication(s) that you are looking or select one of the class list to look for your drug
- Click the name of your drug and formulary status and any restrictions are identified
- Any drugs that are non-prescription but covered through the prescription drug benefit must be prescribed by a medical provider.
- Why am I taking the medicine and why is it important?
- How should I take this medication and for how long?
- Any potential side effects?
- What should I do if I have side effects or allergic reaction?
- Finding your medication(s) on the Drug List – click the link below:
Care1st Health Plan Arizona Comprehensive Searchable PDL Tool with PA Criteria
Questions to ask your doctor:
Care1st wants you to be as healthy as possible which includes knowing about your medication. Ask your provider:
If you have additional questions on your medication, ask to speak with the pharmacist or call your provider.
Your prescription history and other drug information are available to you by clicking the link below. You will be redirected to our pharmacy benefit manager’s website (if you are a first time user you will establish a user ID and password using your AHCCCS ID and date of birth). To view your prescription history and other drug information click here
- Find a Doctor, Hospital, Urgent Care, Pharmacy
- Member Handbook
- Prescription Drug
- Care Management Program
- Community Resources
- Member Newsletters
- Smoking Cessation
- Prior Authorization Guidelines & Criteria
- Disease Management
- Practice and Preventive Health Guidelines
- Quality Measure Results
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Preventing Fraud
- Steps 2 Success
- What to do if you have a problem or a complaint
- Contact Us